PostPosted: Tue Dec 17, 2013 7:54 pm 
GameServers.com Forum Newb

Are you guys serious? Thats absolute robbery.

You should be ashamed of yourselves.

And dont give me that "omg the server is sooooo demanding!"...because its not.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 17, 2013 8:45 pm 
Offical GameServers Mascot

And you looked around to see how it compared to other providers (DayZ standalone, not DayZ mod)? Right? Right?

PostPosted: Tue Dec 17, 2013 9:55 pm 
GameServers.com Forum Newb

Burn11 wrote:
And you looked around to see how it compared to other providers (DayZ standalone, not DayZ mod)? Right? Right?

Considering there is only 1 other host(and they dont host in the US), which I am sure was only chosen to avoid having a monopoly being so easily noticeable...there is no one to compare hosting to.

I am sure gameservers and the other host agreed upon a price to host at so they could bang out the community for INSANELY overpriced servers.

I used to like you guys, I used to have my servers hosted by gameservers.com, but its painfully obvious that you guys are taking advantage of the fact that there are no other hosts in the US available. I will no longer be a customer here.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 17, 2013 10:44 pm 
No Longer a Newb

Well I ordered a server no one can get on it. I'm starting to wonder about this!

PostPosted: Wed Dec 18, 2013 8:22 am 
Offical GameServers Mascot

Nekrage wrote:
Burn11 wrote:

Considering there is only 1 other host(and they dont host in the US), which I am sure was only chosen to avoid having a monopoly being so easily noticeable...there is no one to compare hosting to.

I am sure gameservers and the other host agreed upon a price to host at so they could bang out the community for INSANELY overpriced servers.

I used to like you guys, I used to have my servers hosted by gameservers.com, but its painfully obvious that you guys are taking advantage of the fact that there are no other hosts in the US available. I will no longer be a customer here.

Ok. Thanks for confirming that GS is lower. Just keep in mind that different games' servers have different requirements. You seem to be the expert, so you probably already know that.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 18, 2013 1:44 pm 
Frag. Not post.

Nekrage wrote:
Burn11 wrote:

Unfortunately, the DayZ standalone game is *very* CPU intensive. Our pricing is based on the amount of resources a game consumes, and DayZ uses a lot.