PostPosted: Thu Dec 19, 2013 4:47 pm 
No Longer a Newb

[gs] devicenull wrote:
JMan44 wrote:
How about auto restarts, is this an option we can get? Had to manually restart the server several times yesterday, after about 4 hours things get a bit wonky.

We've actually just enabled forced restarts every 4 hours. This was something that was supposed to be in place earlier, but was not setup correctly.

Most excellent, thanks!

Edit: Although some server hosters it seems you're able to change the Server TZ and have a regular day/night cycle. I'd much prefer this tbh... Can we get this option please?

Last edited by JMan44 on Thu Dec 19, 2013 5:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 19, 2013 5:11 pm 
No Longer a Newb

Setting the server name seems a bit wonky as well. It keeps putting it like this at the begining:
(Public/Veteran) - 1 DayZ (Public/Veteran) 113822. I have tried to change it several times; it accepts it; but it reverts back to having the "(Public/Veteran) - 1" twice. Is there a format I should follow to fix this?

PostPosted: Thu Dec 19, 2013 6:31 pm 
No Longer a Newb

New Patch incoming! tonight! v0.30

I changed my Servername to "DayZ (Public/Veteran) 1 - 113822 - newhopeoutfit .de" without a problem.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 19, 2013 11:24 pm 
No Longer a Newb

TermiGR wrote:
I changed my Servername to "DayZ (Public/Veteran) 1 - 113822 - newhopeoutfit .de" without a problem.

May work for you but when I try and change mine I constantly am getting "(Public/Veteran) - 1" at the front of the name no matter what I do. I have even tried to erase the whole thing and start fresh but still "(Public/Veteran) - 1" remains there and I cannot get rid of it.
I do see other servers in the server list with the same issue, not sure why some of us have the issue and some do not but it would be nice if it was fixed.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 20, 2013 7:43 am 
No Longer a Newb

Is there a way to get some more Time-Settings like this:
hostingpics. net/viewer.php?id=772281SetTimeZoneServerVilayer.png
(Found this picture in the official forums)

Best regards

PostPosted: Fri Dec 20, 2013 10:07 am 
Frag. Not post.

JMan44 wrote:
[gs] devicenull wrote:
JMan44 wrote:
How about auto restarts, is this an option we can get? Had to manually restart the server several times yesterday, after about 4 hours things get a bit wonky.

We've actually just enabled forced restarts every 4 hours. This was something that was supposed to be in place earlier, but was not setup correctly.

Most excellent, thanks!

Edit: Although some server hosters it seems you're able to change the Server TZ and have a regular day/night cycle. I'd much prefer this tbh... Can we get this option please?

TermiGR wrote:
Is there a way to get some more Time-Settings like this:
hostingpics. net/viewer.php?id=772281SetTimeZoneServerVilayer.png
(Found this picture in the official forums)

Best regards

Well, if you think about it being able to set a different timezone to your server isn't really going to help too much. You're going to end up playing the four hours from the start of your server until it auto-restarts over and over again. Being able to set a custom time on your server really isn't going to do much. We've asked the developers to implement a time-zone offset from the current server time, but I do not have any information as to if that is coming.

JMan44 wrote:
TermiGR wrote:

May work for you but when I try and change mine I constantly am getting "(Public/Veteran) - 1" at the front of the name no matter what I do. I have even tried to erase the whole thing and start fresh but still "(Public/Veteran) - 1" remains there and I cannot get rid of it.
I do see other servers in the server list with the same issue, not sure why some of us have the issue and some do not but it would be nice if it was fixed.

There appears to be a bug in the control panel that's causing a -1 to appear instead of the proper version. Note that you are *required* to have "(Public/Veteran) - VERSION" somewhere in your server hostname. The config editor will add this to the beginning of the server name if you have not otherwise included it. Also note that server hostnames are limited to 63 characters, so if you include this at the end of your server name and it gets truncated, it will be readded to the beginning.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 20, 2013 5:47 pm 
No Longer a Newb

[gs] devicenull wrote:
There appears to be a bug in the control panel that's causing a -1 to appear instead of the proper version. Note that you are *required* to have "(Public/Veteran) - VERSION" somewhere in your server hostname. The config editor will add this to the beginning of the server name if you have not otherwise included it. Also note that server hostnames are limited to 63 characters, so if you include this at the end of your server name and it gets truncated, it will be readded to the beginning.

Even if I have the "(Public/Veteran) - VERSION" in the server name it still adds "(Public/Veteran) - 1" to the beginning of the name. If you go to the in game browser others seem to be having the same issue, yet other servers (which I suspect aren't run by clients but you) seem to be fine as far a naming goes. Are you working on a fix?

I also see that most server have the server ID next to them as well like "AU 1-45" or "US 2-60", whereas we don't. Should we? And how would we find our server ID's?

I have a lot of questions and requests but being a DayZ Mod admin I am very particular about how I run things, been doing this for over a year. :wink:

PostPosted: Sat Dec 21, 2013 11:12 am 
No Longer a Newb

Ok, thanks for the reply. I do understand that the time does not evolve when we set it to a Daytime. But it would have been nice to hace some changes in the Suns Position etc.

The Name Bug is annoying. ;)

Dean Hall did mention yesterday that a 1st-Person-only-view setting will be in the next patch! (Serverside)

PostPosted: Sat Dec 21, 2013 9:43 pm 
No Longer a Newb

TermiGR wrote:
Dean Hall did mention yesterday that a 1st-Person-only-view setting will be in the next patch! (Serverside)

That will be a nice setting to have... What we absolutely need is a Reserved slot feature. I can't get to play on my own server! :?

One good thing is the server name thing has been fixed but still wonder how we find our server ID#. The server ID# should be in the server name but I do not know mine or where to find it.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 23, 2013 12:01 pm 
Frag. Not post.

JMan44 wrote:
[gs] devicenull wrote:

Even if I have the "(Public/Veteran) - VERSION" in the server name it still adds "(Public/Veteran) - 1" to the beginning of the name. If you go to the in game browser others seem to be having the same issue, yet other servers (which I suspect aren't run by clients but you) seem to be fine as far a naming goes. Are you working on a fix?

That issue should now be corrected.

Quote:
I also see that most server have the server ID next to them as well like "AU 1-45" or "US 2-60", whereas we don't. Should we? And how would we find our server ID's?

Those would be official servers (we run them, not other customers). They're the only ones that have server IDs, rented servers do not have these.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 23, 2013 4:22 pm 
No Longer a Newb

[gs] devicenull wrote:
Those would be official servers (we run them, not other customers). They're the only ones that have server IDs, rented servers do not have these.

The thing is, is we may be required to have the server ID in the name if they implement the rules that were required when the Mod went live. It is early in the piece but I would still like to know what my ID is and be able to put it in the server name just in case.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 23, 2013 4:25 pm 
Frag. Not post.

JMan44 wrote:
[gs] devicenull wrote:

The thing is, is we may be required to have the server ID in the name if they implement the rules that were required when the Mod went live. It is early in the piece but I would still like to know what my ID is and be able to put it in the server name just in case.

Well, standalone servers are not handled in any way like the mod servers are. There is no concept of server IDs with the current versions (the ones in the official server names are assigned by us, and are just incremented for each server we have in a region).

Should this change in the future and server IDs are required, we'd have to handle it then (likely by inserting the ID into each hostname).