PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2012 7:08 pm 
GameServers.com Forum Newb

Question - I was just about to order a new 50 slot server for dayz and notice you dont have the user control panel.

How will I be able to manage the server settings i.e. vehicle amounts, spawns, server reboots etc? FTP?

If I buy now how long does it take before people can actually play on it? I see its whitelisted right away, this is exactly what I'm looking for but how would I manage the whitelist as well?

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 6:03 pm 

realy good question. i'am still looking for something to manage my dayz server i just buy but i dont find :(
i want to switch from veteran to normal mode and active the chat but i can't and dont know how

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2012 4:12 am 

in order to change setting on the server you need a ftp program download the server config file shut down your server edit your setting reupload with your ftp program start your server and boom there you go

PostPosted: Tue Dec 17, 2013 8:42 pm 

You should probably go somewhere else to host a DayZ server. Gameservers.com is very generic and does not offer sophisticated control panels and features you need to really run a DayZ server. You need database access as well if you want to be able to mess with vehicle spawn points or any other spawns in the game.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 18, 2013 11:41 am 
GameServers Officer

Access during the alpha stages are very restricted and limited. As time passes, more options will be made available to the admin to customize their server. At this point, the server owners are clearly early adopters and fans of the title. We have expressed the need to have more customization to the studio. Once we are allowed to open up more configuration options, we will proceed to enable them in your control panel.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 18, 2013 5:30 pm 
No Longer a Newb

Maxxgold wrote:
You should probably go somewhere else to host a DayZ server. Gameservers.com is very generic and does not offer sophisticated control panels and features you need to really run a DayZ server. You need database access as well if you want to be able to mess with vehicle spawn points or any other spawns in the game.

The CP is limited due to the restriction by BI and we just have to wait for more functionality. This may come quick or it may be awhile. This is the same for any host that is selling DayZ SA servers.
What I'm wanting at the moment is possible reserved slots for admins since my server is jammed constantly and can't get on it myself. :lol:

PostPosted: Thu Dec 19, 2013 2:57 am 
No Longer a Newb

As [gs] devicenull did mention, they did implement an option to change between Nightime and Daytime. Even if i did not find it anywhere yet.

Quote:
I'll look into creating a forum for the standalone game tomorrow.

As far as features, I don't really have any more details then you do at this point. We just completed adding a setting to allow you to change the time your server runs at (allowing always daytime or always nighttime servers).

Reserved slots really need to wait until the game supports it. We don't have any further ETAs on that.

Maybe someone has a clue?

PostPosted: Thu Dec 19, 2013 4:27 am 
No Longer a Newb

TermiGR wrote:
As [gs] devicenull did mention, they did implement an option to change between Nightime and Daytime. Even if i did not find it anywhere yet.

The only thing I noticed was a different config you could use but haven't tried it yet, other than that I do not see a straight up option for the Day/Night setting.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 19, 2013 10:02 am 
Frag. Not post.

JMan44 wrote:
TermiGR wrote:

The only thing I noticed was a different config you could use but haven't tried it yet, other than that I do not see a straight up option for the Day/Night setting.

This is in the configuration file named 'Mission Config'. It will not appear in the 'Main Server Configuration' one.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 19, 2013 10:48 am 
No Longer a Newb

Thank You! ;)

The next nice thing would be to get a reserved slot for an admin or a tool to remotely kick someone to get on our own servers which are full most of the time.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 19, 2013 11:09 am 
Frag. Not post.

TermiGR wrote:
Thank You! ;)

The next nice thing would be to get a reserved slot for an admin or a tool to remotely kick someone to get on our own servers which are full most of the time.

Unfortunately, that's not something that we can implement. That would require that the game supported things like that, which it currently does not.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 19, 2013 11:31 am 
No Longer a Newb

Thats what i thought! ;) Maybe you get asked from the DayZ team at some point for some feedback... ;)

EDIT_ But the are planning to enable the Serverside 1st-Person only view.

https://twitter. com/Hicks_206/status/413470204719411200

PostPosted: Thu Dec 19, 2013 1:20 pm 
GameServers Officer

Items such as 1st person, passwording, reserved slots, admin kick/ban are a few of many options that we have asked the developer to implement.

They are all in queue and are being worked on

PostPosted: Thu Dec 19, 2013 4:25 pm 
No Longer a Newb

How about auto restarts, is this an option we can get? Had to manually restart the server several times yesterday, after about 4 hours things get a bit wonky.

Last edited by JMan44 on Thu Dec 19, 2013 5:10 pm, edited 3 times in total.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 19, 2013 4:31 pm 
Frag. Not post.

JMan44 wrote:
How about auto restarts, is this an option we can get? Had to manually restart the server several times yesterday, after about 4 hours things get a bit wonky.

We've actually just enabled forced restarts every 4 hours. This was something that was supposed to be in place earlier, but was not setup correctly.